UPDATED TUESDAY, AUGUST 4, 2020
Library Director Myra R. Oleynik shared the following message on Friday, June 26, 2020.
Great news! The Peters Township Public Library will open its doors to the public with limitations on Monday, June 29 at 10:00 a.m. As we work to provide you with safe, in-person services, we ask for your patience and support. Please understand that all services are not available yet. Programs and library clubs are on pause and will not be meeting for now. Library volunteers have not been contacted to help. Visit our events calendar for the dates and times of virtual programming. And there is still time to register for our Virtual Summer Reading Program for all ages with Reader Zone.
Other changes for you to be aware of:
• Our summer hours through September 8 will be Mondays through Thursdays, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Fridays, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; and Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. We will be closed Friday, July 3 and Saturday, July 4.
• For your safety, our staff will be wearing masks. By order of the Pennsylvania Department of Health under the Disease Prevention and Control Act, masks are mandatory in all public spaces. A library staff member can provide you with a mask if you have forgotten yours.
• Staff will disinfect high-touch areas regularly. Scheduled evening cleanings will continue. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the library. No food or drink permitted.
• In the Green Phase, we are under a limited capacity order. During your visit, you will see occupancy limit signs posted throughout the building. Please select your items for check out quickly so we may serve as many people as possible throughout the day.
• We have moved furniture maintaining social distancing practices, and no tutoring will be permitted at this time.
• Study rooms on the 2nd floor are temporarily closed and for staff use only.
• We will quarantine all returned materials for at least 72 hours before check-in by staff. Items will remain on your account during the quarantine time frame. Materials on shelves and displays are “out of quarantine.” A person browsing may have touched them. Keep your hands clean by using the hand sanitizer provided and avoid touching your face.
• Our book drop will remain closed but you can drop off materials in a plastic bag in our RETURN BINS during library hours. We are not able to accept book donations.
• Four computers on the 2nd floor have been socially distanced and will be available for public use. Schedule an appointment with your WAGGIN card 24 hours in advance. One 45-minute session per day depending upon availability. Call the Reference Desk during library hours at 724.941.9430 #2. Please bring your own headset and WAGGIN barcode to log in. Staff members will disinfect keyboards and mice between each use. We are unable to offer any personal help while using library computers.
• The Youth Services Department will be open for browsing. The Family Activity Center and Teen Room are unavailable. We have removed all toys, puppets, and puzzles. Book Bundles will be available for your convenience. Youth Services computers will not be available.
• The Meeting Room, Reading Room, Conference Room, and Café Lee remain closed. We are currently not accepting room reservation requests.
• No fines charged for overdue items through September 8. You can make a payment for lost or damaged items by credit card in person or by calling 724.941.9430 #5771.
• You can place a hold/request on items from our library catalog here. We will continue to offer our curbside pickup service by calling 724.941.9430 #1 to schedule. We are unable to request materials from other libraries at this time.
• For further updates please sign up for our e-newsletter or follow us on social media.
We look forward to seeing you soon!